Churches, schools, and youth organizations must ensure that children, youth and vulnerable adults who worship, study, or participate in activities sponsored by a parish can do so in the safest and most secure setting possible.
Parents and caretakers have the right to ask these institutions if their volunteers meet the requirements of the Diocese of Greensburg and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania before they allow their children or vulnerable loved ones to become involved with them.
To help ensure the safety of all children, youth and vulnerable adults at Saint Vincent Basilica Parish, the following clearances and trainings are required by the Diocese of Greensburg for ALL parish volunteers. Links to these clearances and trainings are:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Request Form
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance, Department of Welfare
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance or, for volunteers who have been a PA resident for 10 consecutive years, sign and have notarized (our secretary, Holly is a notary) a volunteer_affidavit
- Read Pastoral Code of Conduct then print and sign last page
- Virtus Training
- Mandated Reporter Training
For assistance with clearances and trainings for Saint Vincent Parish volunteers, please contact Miriam Schaefer at 724-539-8629, ext 24 or email@example.com